Prime Roots is seeking an experienced Production Supervisor to supervise and oversee our day-to-day production at our facility in Berkeley, supervise and train new staff members, identify areas of operational improvement, and create and implement SOPs.
What you'll do:
- Supervise and oversee day-to-day production processes and the entire production team and their shift leads.
- Oversee employee scheduling, breaks, and timesheets in accordance with all relevant labor laws and Prime Roots policies.
- Ensuring resources are properly acquired and allocated and that production quotas and quantities are being met.
- Manage team and pod workflows across different production areas.
- Assist with management and coordinating upkeep of production facilities.
- Work closely with Director of Operations to manage hiring, termination, and performance management of production staff.
- Create and facilitate a positive and collaborative work environment and culture on the production floor.
- Own training and development for new team members on all production tasks and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local health and safety regulations.
- Work cross-functionally with R&D and Product to test, iterate, and commercialize new products on existing lines.
- Collaborate with R&D and other stakeholders on the operations team to uphold all quality standards are met.
- Develop and implement SOPs and documentation for all production areas, including processes and safety procedures.
- Analyze and identify areas of improvement in cost savings, production, and lead times.
- Oversee all aspects of production including personnel, equipment, and quality of the product (including food safety).
- Play an instrumental role in facilities and equipment expansion and maintenance.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years in a food production environment and at least 4 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Your prior experience includes creating, implementing, and enforcing SOPs, quality standards, and health and safety regulations in a food manufacturing environment, preferably in CPG.
- You’ve demonstrated success in supervising and leading small and large teams.
- You understand food and personnel safety regulations/compliance (SQF, HACCP, GMP, OSHA).
- You’re very adaptable and can easily operate in an environment where plans and priorities change and pivot.
- You have key leadership and management skills including personability, attention to detail, strong planning skills, conflict resolution, and project and time management.
- You’re a stellar communicator – with excellent verbal and written communication skills (Strongly preferred: bilingual in both English and Spanish).
- You have a solid comprehension of tech products, including Microsoft Windows and Office 365.
- You must be able to lift 50lbs and be on your feet and perform physically demanding tasks for the majority of the day and be excited about rolling up your sleeves on the floor when and if needed.
- You must be available to supervise shifts that may be outside of normal business hours including but not limited to weekend and early or graveyard shifts.
Perks of working with us:
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing innovative food startup.
- Competitive compensation and equity.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance.
- FSA, HSA, and Commuter Benefits Accounts.
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.