Ashby Ave, Berkeley, CA, USA
Job Position: People Operations Manager (Full Time Position)
We are looking for a People Operations Manager to work with our founders to help build out and scale our people, processes, programs, and communications.
- At Prime Roots, we imagine a world where the meat we crave is in sync with the planet – without all the greenhouse gas emissions or cholesterol of conventional meat.
- We believe we can feed the world in a way that is truly sustainable and accessible to all. We’re not just about creating flavorful, plant-based meats and meals.
- We’re out to inspire social and environmental change with every bite.
- And we’re always on the hunt for other innovative builders, growers, and strategizers to join us on our big, meaty mission!
- We strive to be inspiring and inspired. The Prime Roots team is all about loving people and planet. That includes people just like you.
- When you work with us, you are joining a team that is inclusive, diverse, and as thoughtful as the food we create (maybe even more so).
- We all share the same sizzling desire to cook up a positive impact on our world.
- You'll get to play a critical role in helping ensuring things run smoothly and helping to directly scale our founder's time and the company as a whole.
- This position is in person at our Berkeley, HQ.
- Help to scale people and processes at a startup hand in hand with our founders as we grow and scale
- Oversee the smooth functioning of our office and facilities for the comfort and safety of our team and guests
- Lead recruiting and hiring efforts to meet our growth plans and resourcing needs
- Oversee all of on-boarding and off-boarding processes and procedures
- Assist founders with special projects, goals, and initiatives internally and externally as needed ranging from fundraising support to important coordination and planning
- Lead internal communications with our leadership team and founders to necessary parties and to our wider team
- Troubleshoot and work through any systems related issues and lead any implementation of software and program roll outs as necessary
- Work with our founders to lead process improvements as we scale to ensure effective and streamlined communication and general company processes company wide
- Manage and handle or route Human Resources requests and issues
- Work cross functionally and ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal guidelines as it relates to wage, labor, safety, corporate administration etc.
- Leading and starting any and all internal and external programs and initiatives as it relates to talent and people (everything from internship to D&I)
- Work closely with our founders to develop and execute on programming and culture initiatives that align and promotes company values and culture
- Work with and provide administrative support from all tasks big or small for our founders to ensure that they are able to focus on key initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree with 5+ years of experience in Administration, Executive assistance, People Operations, Human Resources, Project Planning and Coordination, or related field
- Resourceful and self starter who is excited to join a startup and roll up sleeves and help
- Exceptional work ethic and highly detail oriented and data driven person who strives to maximize efficiency and productivity and enjoys challenging goals.
- Eager, you proactively find important things to do, ask the right questions and find answers with little to no supervision, and prioritize making time and space for the team members that you support
- Discretion and trustworthiness, you will be part to confidential information and operate with the highest level of integrity and responsibility.
- You love helping out in every capacity that you can so that you, organizational mission + values, company, and team members succeed
- You love improving things and fixing problems and working on identifying problems as well as think in terms of processes and systems to make improvements. There’s not task or problem too big or small.
- You are an optimist and love working with a fast paced energetic team and promoting and enhancing our values and culture internally and externally
- You are a tech savvy person well versed in Microsoft products, HRIS systems, project management tools, bonus for experience with or interest in information technology and programs administration and systems evaluation, implementation, and support.
Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing innovative food startup.
- Competitive compensation and equity.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance.
- FSA, HSA, and Commuter Benefits Accounts.
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.