Prime Roots is currently looking for a Lead Fermentation Scientist to join our team!
Prime Roots is developing the next generation of sustainable protein using fermentation. We grow fungi and use the whole organism as a high protein food and develop products around it. You will lead our efforts to optimize organism growth and to hit target nutrition levels as we scale up our production process. You will also have the opportunity to lead a growing team within the company.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead fermentation efforts to scale up or down growth as needed.
- Find creative solutions to problems that minimize cost and maximize efficiency and time.
- Helping oversee and provide invaluable input to the scientific teams.
- Assist in developing high level scientific goals and communicating them team-wide.
- Help lead and grow a fermentation process team and also be able to conduct experiments and benchwork.
- Design experiments and execute them in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage projects from end to end and in many cases also assisting or perming experiments directly.
- Work together with internal and external teams in scaling up and scaling down.
- Managing all aspects of fermentation from preparation, growth, downstream processing.
- Researching and purchasing equipment.
- Capture and analyze complete data from experiments and present finding.
Qualifications and Requirement:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering or another job-related discipline.
- 7+ years industry experience.
- Must have experience with growing fungi, preferably filamentous fungi.
- 4+ years experience leading teams.
- Experience in working in an fast paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and experience working with internal and external parties at a company.
- Experience in scaling up fermentation processes beyond pilot scale.
- Experience creating and managing budgets and scale up projects from end to end.
- Experience in aerobic fermentation.
- Experience in reactor and process design, notably in batch and continuous process fermentation.
- Strong data analysis skills and strong command of using technology both hardware and software.
- Medical, dental, vision among other great benefits.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Food, of course!
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.