Prime Roots is looking for a Head of Public Relations and Communications to help us tell our story to the world. At Prime Roots, we envision a delicious protein-rich future that is sustainable for environmental and human health.
- Design and lead strategy for public relations, press, and communications across all channels.
- Collaborating closely with leadership, R&D, Marketing teams to create content and materials for internal and external communications.
- Manage copy writing and proofreading of materials as well as content, editorial, and event calendars.
- Pitching, sourcing, coordinating, and cultivating relationships with external contacts.
- Project management of communications campaigns and marketing projects to align with company objectives.
- Research, planning, and presentation of prospective plans and opportunities for campaigns, events, collaborations, etc.
- Manages all internal and external communications working directly with leadership to cultivate story and positioning.
- Planning and executing on ways to increase brand awareness and community engagement.
- Tracking and managing effectiveness of campaigns and open and excited about testing and optimization.
- Collecting data, tracking, and analyzing the effectiveness of communications and public relations efforts.
- Writing and building out content and copy for outreach and implementation of processes to streamline external and internal communications.
- Bachelors or Masters in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in Public Relations in-house or agency with experience in food preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience writing internal and external content.
- Experience working across different mediums including written and video.
- Proficiency in computer skills including with Microsoft Office suite products and databases.
- Track record of securing high level press and media coverage.
- Strong relationships and know how of navigating relationships with press and influencers.
- Able to manage a variety of tasks and projects at once and work in a rapidly changing environement.
- Passion for food and sustainability and being an amazing storyteller is a must.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing innovative food startup.
- Competitive compensation and equity.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance.
- FSA, HSA, and Commuter Benefits Accounts.
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.