Prime Roots is seeking a Food Technologist to become an integral part of our team! At Prime Roots, we envision a delicious protein-rich future that is sustainable for environmental and human health. You will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of sustainable and delicious food innovation and be amongst a team of hardworking do-ers. The Food Technologist position supports Product Development and R&D functions throughout the business.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Independently lead and coordinate development work on new and existing products.
- Plan, organize, and execute sensory evaluation and testing of new and existing products.
- Document observed results, analyze data, draw conclusions and make recommendations during product development activities.
- Support all technical development activities to scale up for commercialization, product launch, and post launch monitoring.
- Assist in sourcing, testing and approving new suppliers and/or ingredients.
- Work with on-line formulation data base system creating or adjusting product formulations.
- Assist in product scale up from bench to pilot scale in production.
- Assists other R&D team members if required to generate product prototypes.
- Assists in supply chain and procurement of ingredients and supplies.
- Bachelor’s, masters or higher degree in food science, nutrition, agriculture, or a related field with 2-3 years relevant professional work experience.
- Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational abilities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to adapt to fast paced work environment with changing priorities.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and work in a physically demanding environment.
- Full time benefits include health, dental, vision, 401k plans.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing startup with an innovative team.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Food, of course.
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.