Prime Roots is seeking Food Production Team Members to become an integral part of our team! At Prime Roots we envision a delicious protein rich future that is sustainable for environmental and human health. You will have the opportunity to be on the forefront of sustainable and delicious foods. You will gain valuable experience making delicious plant-based foods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare ingredients and foods for various processing.
- Utilizing kitchen and food production equipment to process ingredients.
- Package, label, and store foods and ingredients.
- Intake inventory and conduct inventory assessments and controls.
- Ensure that quality control and quality assurance standards are being met.
- Disassembling, cleaning, and proper storage and maintenance of equipment.
- At times, pack and help to fulfill orders.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous food service, production, handling food in professional environment experience preferred, not required.
- Standing, walking, hand use, and other physical requirements such a bending for the majority of working hours.
- Ability to use various kitchen tools and equipment and the ability to work in variable temperatures.
- Highly adaptable and able to task-switch and handle stress.
- Ability to lift at least fifty pounds.
- Food Safety Handlers and other food safety certifications preferred but not required.
- Have a valid drivers license.
- Passion and love for food!
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing startup on innovative and delicious world-changing products.
- Ability to grow within the team and company.
- Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k).
- Food, of course!
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Prime Roots (formerly Terramino Foods) is a venture backed San Francisco Bay Area based food company that is mission and community driven. Prime Roots grows and uses a fungi superprotein to make delicious and ultra-sustainable food products. The work of the Prime Roots team has been featured in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Forbes, Food and Wine, and more.