About the Job
Prime Roots is seeking a Food Process Engineer to become an integral part of our team! At Prime Roots, we envision a delicious protein-rich future that is sustainable for environmental and human health. You will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of sustainable and delicious food innovation and be amongst a team of hardworking do-ers. You will be helping to lead our design and scaleup of our process and be an integral part on getting us to market and beyond!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan out scaleup plan for food manufacturing and processing equipment.
- Develop financial models to understand the unit economics of process.
- Interact with suppliers and manufacturers to design and make cost-effective scaling decisions.
- Design and manage projects from ideation to implementation with little supervision.
- Source and manage relationships with co-developers, co-packers, and more parties.
- Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders to complete projects in a timely matter.
- Troubleshoot and ideate around equipment, facilities, and process needs in a novel process.
- Be a strong individual contributor as well as collaborative team player.
- Navigate through regulatory requirements and ensure safety and efficiency of facilities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Process Engineering, Food Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar
- 3+ years of experience in working on process development and scaling at a food company
- Experience and knowledgeable about scaleup and setting up a process line
- Deep understanding of food processing machinery and sourcing and dealing with vendors
- Passionate about creating great-tasting products and a passion for food in general
- Knowledge and experience in rapid prototyping equipment and requisite software and hardware knowledge
- Be able to work with limited budgets and with limited resources to achieve impactful results
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods and lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without sponsorship
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing startup with innovative team.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k).
- Food, of course!
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Prime Roots
Prime Roots (formerly Terramino Foods) is a venture-backed San Francisco Bay area-based food company that is mission and community-driven. Prime Roots grows and uses a fungi super protein to make delicious and ultra-sustainable food products. The work of the Prime Roots team has been featured in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Forbes, Food and Wine, and more.