About the Job:
Prime Roots is developing the next generation of sustainable protein using fermentation. We grow filamentous fungi and use the whole organism as a high protein food and develop products around it. You will design experiments to optimize process and work in scaling up production. We are looking for candidates who have hands-on experience with scaling as well as reactor design.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters or PhD in Chemical Engineering or another related discipline.
- 5+ years industry experience.
- Experience in benchtop and pilot scale fermentation.
- Experience in aerobic fermentation.
- Knowledge in different reactor designs and processes.
- Experience in data analytics and usage of chemical engineering and process development software.
- Working knowledge of filamentous fungi biology.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating scientific pipeline and goals for scaling.
- Develop novel methods to increase efficiency of growth process.
- Develop protocols for repeatable biomass quality assessment metrics.
- Design experiments to understand and modify different parameters in organism growth.
- Conduct experiments and be able to analyze data and write up results and present them.
- Coordinating with team members and assisting in running experiments.
- Assist in purchasing of reactors and related equipment.
- Medical, dental, vision among other great benefits.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Paid vacation.
- Food, of course!
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Prime Roots:
Prime Roots (formerly Terramino Foods) is a venture backed San Francisco Bay Area based food company that is mission and community driven. Prime Roots grows and uses a fungi superprotein to make delicious and ultra-sustainable food products. The work of the Prime Roots team has been featured in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Forbes, Food and Wine, and more.