Prime Roots is a food production company located in West Berkeley. We are seeking a Facility Sanitation Technician to maintain our facility, In this role, you will be responsible for a combination of custodial work to maintain the upkeep of our office facilities, as well as deep cleaning and sanitization work to ensure safe and healthy operations of our commercial kitchens.
This position will be scheduled as a swing shift, and is approximately four hours a day, four days a week.
General Custodial Responsibilities
- Sweeping, dust mopping, and mopping floors.
- Emptying garbage and recycling.
- Disinfecting and sanitizing bathrooms, restocking toilet paper.
- Vacuuming carpeted areas.
- As needed spot-cleaning in another area.
- Restocking supplies and communication of inventory needs.
- Wiping down and sanitizing all surfaces.
- Assisting with basic organization and putting items away as needed.
- Collecting dirty dishware from the kitchenette and operating dishwasher.
Kitchen Deep Cleaning and Sanitation Duties
- Cleaning grease traps.
- Cleaning and swapping air filters.
- Clearing out and sanitizing kitchen equipment including fridges and walk-ins.
- De-liming and descaling equipment that comes into contact with water.
- Ensuring floor and sink drains are clean, clear, and properly functioning.
- Removing and sanitizing parts from kitchen machinery.
- Other cleaning tasks as necessary.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years of previous experience in custodial or sanitation work (experience on sanitation shift at a food manufacturing facility strongly preferred).
- Experience using cleaning chemicals safely and following manufacturer guidance.
- Okay working alone and in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to bend, twist, stretch, and reach to remove/clean equipment.
- Ability to work on feet and be mobile for an entire shift.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Valid CA Drivers License.
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.