Prime Roots is looking for a Downstream Processing Technician to join our team. At Prime Roots, we envision a delicious protein-rich future that is sustainable for environmental and human health.
- Operating and running process equipment including but not limited to using stoves, centrifuges, ovens, kettles, mixers, scales, fermentors.
- Setup and takedown of equipment following safety and standard protocols.
- Hygienic cleaning before and after production runs of equipment and facility.
- Detailed record keeping and reporting of yield, output, inventory.
- Tracking and maintaining records of lots and output.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of facilities.
- Disassembling, cleaning, and proper storage and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain food safety and quality assurance and quality control of products.
- High School diploma required, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Manufacturing/production experience is preferred.
- Fermentation and downstream processing experience preferred.
- Attention to detail and have good recordkeeping skills.
- Food Safety Handlers Card.
- Must be able to stand, lift, and move for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in both hot and cold environments.
- Must be able to lift up at least 50lbs.
- Able to learn new procedures quickly and carry out tasks independently.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing innovative food startup.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k benefits for full time employees.
- Food, of course!
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.