About the Job
Prime Roots is seeking a Delivery Driver to become an integral part of our team! At Prime Roots, we envision a delicious protein-rich future that is sustainable for environmental and human health. You will be delivering happiness to our community - doesn't get much better than that! We have full time, part-time, and contract arrangements available for this position. Please indicate which you prefer.
Delivery Driver Responsibilities:
- Loading, transporting, and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
- Invoicing and making sure records are accurate and updated every day.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from clients.
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Operating equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, forklifts, etc.
Delivery Driver Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid California driver's license and clean driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Experience in delivering orders to food retailers preferred, but not necessary.
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
- Strong time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to walk, drive, and lift and carry heavy items for extended periods.
- Attention to detail and ability to make independent and calculated decisions.
- Knowledge of food safety handling preferred but not required.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing startup with an innovative team.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Great benefits for eligible employees (health, vision, dental, 401k)
- Food, of course!
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.